Welcome back dear friends. We will switch gears a bit and look at the prayer portion of praying and fasting. This is set up as a Bible study so I encourage you to pull out your Bible to review the included verses.
I. What is prayer? What is the purpose of prayer?
- Communicating with God directly
- Philippians4:6-“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."
II. Does prayer work; does it really make a difference?
- Yes it does!
- In addition to our personal experiences with answered prayers, our examples from the word of God included Hannah, David, the 3 Hebrew boys, Daniel, etc.
III. Can prayers go unanswered?
- For genuine followers of Christ...No! The Lord always answers but the answer may not be what we expect i.e. yes, no, not now, wait a bit, etc.
- Isaiah 65:24 “Before you call I will answer, while you are still speaking, I will hear.”
IV. Can God choose to ignore someone’s prayer?
- Yes! Sin can stop him from hearing you.
- Psalm 66:18 “If I regard iniquity (sin) in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.”
- Iniquity is another word for sin.
V. Is there a right and a wrong way to pray?
- There is a proper way to pray, i.e. The Lord’s prayer...Matthew 6:9-13
- Key elements with all prayer-acknowledge the Lord’s majesty, ask for cleansing, make your requests, and thank Him.
I hope you enjoyed…remain blessed!